John W Bonner Elementary School
John W Bonner Elementary School serves 857 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
John W Bonner Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Nevada for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 68% (which is higher than the Nevada state average of 36%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the Nevada state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Nevada state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Nevada state average of 68% (majority Hispanic).
John W Bonner Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
John W Bonner Elementary School's student population of 857 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
John W Bonner Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 671 schools in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of John W Bonner Elementary School is 0.70, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NV)
Overall Testing Rank
#32 out of 671 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NV Dept. of Education
Review John W Bonner Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.