Junior High School 162 Lola Rodriguez De Tio
Junior High School 162 Lola Rodriguez De Tio places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Junior High School 162 Lola Rodriguez De Tio's student population of 380 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Junior High School 162 Lola Rodriguez De Tio's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#4177 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic # 7 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx University Prep Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 404 students
600 St Ann's Ave
Bronx, NY 10455
(718)585-0560 0.0 9-12 404
- Bronx Crotona Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
1211 Southern Blvd
Bronx, NY 10459
(718)402-8378 0.1 9-12 128
- Bronx P.S. 277 Grades: PK-5 | 456 students
519 St Anns Ave
Bronx, NY 10454
(718)292-3594 0.1 PK-5 456
- Bronx Careers In Sports High School Grades: 9-12 | 553 students
730 Concourse Village W
Bronx, NY 10451
(718)292-7110 0.2 9-12 553
- Bronx Mott Haven Village Prep High School Grades: 9-12 | 386 students
701 St Anns Ave
Bronx, NY 10455
(718)402-0571 0.2 9-12 386
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.