Junior High School 220 John J Pershing
Junior High School 220 John J Pershing places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Junior High School 220 John J Pershing's student population of 1,480 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 103 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,480 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||103 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Junior High School 220 John J Pershing's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2738 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #20 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn P.S. 160 William T Sampson Grades: PK-5 | 1342 students
5105 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718)438-0337 0.3 PK-5 1342
- Brooklyn P.S. 131 Grades: PK-5 | 1042 students
4305 Ft Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718)431-1960 0.4 PK-5 1042
- Brooklyn P.S. 169 Sunset Park Grades: K-5 | 1605 students
4305 7th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232
(718)853-3224 0.4 K-5 1605
- Brooklyn West Brooklyn Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 162 students
1053 41st St
Brooklyn, NY 11218
(718)686-1444 0.4 9-12 162
- Brooklyn P.S. 94 Henry Longfellow Grades: K-5 | 1443 students
5010 6th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11220
(718)435-6034 0.5 K-5 1443
I love your school and it sounds great because see that there are a lot of asian people and i'm vietnamese. I hope I can find friends there that are vietnamese because right now i'm in the henry longfellow and I have the application for 6th grade and I will make sure that I will pick your school for the 1 choice. I hope I won't regret my answer.Thank you!!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lindy
Nearby Homes for Sale
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.