Kaneland John Shields Elementary School
- Kaneland John Shields Elementary School's student population of 516 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kaneland John Shields Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#363 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kaneland CUSD 302 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sugar Grove Harter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1082 students
1601 N Esker Dr
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
(630)466-8400 2.4 6-8 1082
- Yorkville Bristol Bay Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 613 students
427 Bristol Bay Dr
Yorkville, IL 60560
(630)553-5121 3.5 K-6 613
- Aurora Washington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 765 students
231 S Constitution
Aurora, IL 60506
(630)301-5017 4.0 6-8 765
- Aurora Il Mathematics & Science Academy Grades: 10-12 | 647 students
1500 Sullivan Rd
Aurora, IL 60506
(630)907-5053 4.8 10-12 647
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.