Kanuikapono Learning Center
- Kanuikapono Learning Center's student population of 186 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kanuikapono Learning Center's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (HI)|
|Overall School Rank||#245 out of 288 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hawaii Department of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kapaa Kapaa High School Grades: 9-12 | 1041 students
4695 Mailihuna Rd
Kapaa, HI 96746
(808)821-4400 3.3 9-12 1041
- Kapaa Kapaa Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 638 students
4867 Olohena Rd
Kapaa, HI 96746
(808)821-4460 4.2 6-8 638
- Kilauea Kilauea Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 291 students
2440 Kolo Rd
Kilauea, HI 96754
(808)828-1212 7.6 PK-6 291
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.