Katherine Finchy Elementary School
- Katherine Finchy Elementary School's student population of 648 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||648 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Katherine Finchy Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3641 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Palm Springs Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palm Springs Raymond Cree Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 869 students
1011 Vista Chino
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760)416-8283 0.5 6-8 869
- Palm Springs Virtual Pre Grades: M
980 E. Tahquitz Canyon Dr.
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760)416-8402 1.0 M n/a
- Palm Springs Desert Learning Academy Grades: K-12 | 133 students
2248 E. Ramon Rd.
Palm Springs, CA 92264
(760)778-0487 1.8 K-12 133
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.