L. B. Williams Elementary - 03
L. B. Williams Elementary - 03 serves 446 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
L. B. Williams Elementary - 03 placed in the top 30% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the South Dakota state average of 31% (majority American Indian).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 446 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in SD
- Math Proficiency: 60% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 59% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SD Dept. of Education
L. B. Williams Elementary - 03's student population of 446 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
L. B. Williams Elementary - 03 is ranked within the top 30% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of L. B. Williams Elementary - 03 is 0.33, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.50. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#136 out of 631 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SD Dept. of Education
Review L. B. Williams Elementary - 03. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.