La Mirada High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,886 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 84%
- Graduation Rate: 96% (Top 10% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 28% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 56% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is La Mirada High School's ranking?
La Mirada High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest graduation rate (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
28% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 56% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of La Mirada High School?
The graduation rate of La Mirada High School is 96%, which is higher than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend La Mirada High School?
1,886 students attend La Mirada High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
68% of La Mirada High School students are Hispanic, 16% of students are White, 11% of students are Asian, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of La Mirada High School?
La Mirada High School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does La Mirada High School offer ?
La Mirada High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
Review La Mirada High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities