La Porte City Elementary School
- La Porte City Elementary School's student population of 331 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- La Porte City Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#406 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Union Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dysart Dysart-geneseo Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 180 students
Dysart, IA 52224
(319)476-7110 11.5 PK-5 180
- Evansdale Elk Run Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 148 students
316 Mc Coy Rd
Evansdale, IA 50707
(319)433-2660 11.6 PK 148
- Dysart Union Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 239 students
Dysart, IA 52224
(319)476-5100 11.6 6-8 239
- Waterloo Orange Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 536 students
5805 Kimball Ave
Waterloo, IA 50701
(319)433-2880 11.9 PK-5 536
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.