Lafayette High School
Lafayette High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Lafayette High School's student population of 2092 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 114 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,092 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||114 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lafayette High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1251 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Lafayette High School is Fayette County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Fayette County School District's student population of 40,837 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 83% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,517 is higher than the state average of $10,365. The district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,063 is higher than the state average of $10,284. The district spending/student has declined by 15% over four school years.
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||40,837||2,337|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$413 MM||$24 MM|
|District Spending||$434 MM||$24 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,517||$10,365|
|District Spending / Student||$11,063||$10,284|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Fayette County Preschool Grades: PK | 86 students
165 Springhill Dr
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)381-4105 0.2 PK 86
- Lexington Scapa At Bluegrass Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 277 students
400 Lafayette Pkwy
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)381-3332 0.2 4-8 277
- Lexington Picadome Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 505 students
1642 Harrodsburg Rd
Lexington, KY 40504
(859)381-3563 0.4 PK-5 505
- Lexington Southside Technical Center Grades: 9-12
1800 Harrodsburg Rd
Lexington, KY 40504
(859)381-3603 0.4 9-12 n/a
a. Majority of teachers really care. If your in accelerated classes, it doesn't matter who else is at the school, you are around the accelerated students most of the time. Huge variety of classes to choose from. b. Ton's of sports and clubs at Lafayette. Something for everyone. SCAPA is connected to Lafayette:best arts program in ky. c. City champion football team, dance team wins a bid to nationals yearly, other teams do fairly well also d. School is very old, but it has so much life in it. The main building was built in the 30s...and has many new updates. School is clean and has more character than most others. Football stadium is extremely unique..all stone, and a shame they are redoing it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bubbl