Lake Butler Elementary School serves 1,061 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Lake Butler Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Florida for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 74% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 52%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the Florida state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Florida state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 1,061 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 21%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in FL
- Math Proficiency: 74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 63% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), FL Dept. of Education
Lake Butler Elementary School's student population of 1,061 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 68 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lake Butler Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,655 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Lake Butler Elementary School is 0.36, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (FL)
Overall Testing Rank
#599 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), FL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lake Butler Elementary School's ranking?
Lake Butler Elementary School is ranked #599 out of 3,655 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Florida.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
74% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% FL state average), while 63% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 52% FL state average).
How many students attend Lake Butler Elementary School?
1,061 students attend Lake Butler Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
79% of Lake Butler Elementary School students are White, 10% of students are Black, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 4% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lake Butler Elementary School?
Lake Butler Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is equal to the Florida state average of 16:1.
What grades does Lake Butler Elementary School offer ?
Lake Butler Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
What school district is Lake Butler Elementary School part of?
Lake Butler Elementary School is part of Union School District.
I would recommend Lake Butler Elementary School over any school in the united States. They are excellent in everything. There is no place like Union County Schools. This is God's Country! Yeah! I am a Grandmother. I graduated from Union County.
Review Lake Butler Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.