Leland School Park
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Leland School Park is Listed among the top public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Leland School Park's student population of 244 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leland School Park is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Leland School Park is Leland School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Leland School District's student population of 867 students has decreased by 10% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,519 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,308 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Leland School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||867||2,008|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$10 MM||$20 MM|
|District Spending||$11 MM||$20 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,519||$10,065|
|District Spending / Student||$11,308||$10,094|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leland Leland Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 369 students
404 E Third Street
Leland, MS 38756
(662)686-5013 0.7 PK-4 369
- Leland Leland High School Grades: 9-12 | 254 students
402 E. Third Street
Leland, MS 38756
(662)686-5020 0.7 9-12 254
- Leland Leland Vocational Complex High School Grades: 9-12
South Deer Creek Drive
Leland, MS 38756
(662)686-5025 1.4 9-12 n/a
- Greenville Greenville Technical Center Grades: 9-12
350 South Raceway Road
Greenville, MS 38703
(662)334-7171 6.2 9-12 n/a
- Greenville O'bannon Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 536 students
1203 S. Raceway Road
Greenville, MS 38704
(662)332-4830 6.3 PK-6 536
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.