Leola Jr. High - 03
Leola Jr. High - 03 serves 34 students in grades 6-8.
Leola Jr. High - 03 placed in the top 10% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the South Dakota state average of 31% (majority American Indian).
- Grades: 6-8
- Students: 34 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 18%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in SD
- Math Proficiency: 60-79% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-79% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SD Dept. of Education
Leola Jr. High - 03 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Leola Jr. High - 03's student population of 34 students has grown by 126% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Leola Jr. High - 03 is ranked within the top 10% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Leola Jr. High - 03 is 0.31, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.50. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#34 out of 631 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SD Dept. of Education
Review Leola Jr. High - 03. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.