Libertas College Preparatory Charter
Libertas College Preparatory Charter places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Libertas College Preparatory Charter's student population of 162 students has grown by 82% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 75% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Libertas College Preparatory Charter is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4429 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Tom Bradley Global Awareness Magnet Grades: K-5 | 367 students
3875 Dublin Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
(323)292-8195 0.0 K-5 367
- Los Angeles Academy Of Science And Engineering Grades: 9-12 | 196 students
5753 Rodeo Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
(323)545-1100 0.4 9-12 196
- Los Angeles Icef Innovation Los Angeles Charter Grades: K-5 | 189 students
5029 S. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90056
(323)290-6997 0.4 K-5 189
- Los Angeles New Heights Charter Grades: K-8 | 442 students
2202 W. Mlk Jr Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
(323)508-0155 0.4 K-8 442
- Los Angeles California Collegiate Charter Grades: 6-10 | 80 students
2009 W. Mlk Jr. Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323)450-7290 0.5 6-10 80
Nearby Homes for Sale
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.