Lockwood Avenue Elementary School
Lockwood Avenue Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Lockwood Avenue Elementary School's student population of 456 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lockwood Avenue Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6002 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Lockwood Avenue Elementary School is Camino Nuevo Charter High School (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Thomas Starr King Middle School Film And Media Magnet (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Lexington Avenue Primary Center (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Lexington Avenue Primary Center Grades: K-2 | 188 students
4564 W. Lexington Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323)644-2884 0.3 K-2 188
- Los Angeles Dayton Heights Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 483 students
607 N. W.moreland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)661-3308 0.5 K-5 483
- Los Angeles Thomas Starr King Middle School Film And Media Magnet Grades: 6-8 | 1942 students
4201 Fountain Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90029
(323)644-6700 0.6 6-8 1942
- Los Angeles Ramona Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 616 students
1133 N. Mariposa Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90029
(323)663-2158 0.7 K-6 616
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.