- Locust Ecc's student population of 346 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||346 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
- Locust Ecc's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Abilene Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Abilene Jefferson Opportunity Center Grades: 6-12 | 14 students
1741 S 14th St
Abilene, TX 79602
(325)794-4150 0.4 6-12 14
- Abilene Martinez Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 574 students
1250 Merchant St
Abilene, TX 79603
(325)794-4160 0.7 PK-5 574
- Abilene Thomas Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 521 students
1240 Lakeside Dr
Abilene, TX 79602
(325)671-4995 0.9 K-5 521
- Abilene Sam Houston Grades: 1-12 | 31 students
317 N 6th St
Abilene, TX 79601
(325)671-4624 1.0 1-12 31
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.