Longfellow Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 681 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 46% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 46% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Longfellow Elementary School?
681 students attend Longfellow Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
93% of Longfellow Elementary School students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Black, 2% of students are White, 1% of students are Asian, 1% of students are Hawaiian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Longfellow Elementary School?
Longfellow Elementary School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Longfellow Elementary School offer ?
Longfellow Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
Review Longfellow Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities