71411 Louisiana Public High Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public high schools in 71411, Louisiana, serving 440 students.
- Public high schools in zipcode 71411 have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the Louisiana public high school average of 65%), and reading proficiency score of 59% (versus the 71% statewide average). High schools in 71411, Louisiana have an average ranking of 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Louisiana public high schools.
- Public high school in zipcode 71411 have a Graduation Rate of 92%, which is more than the Louisiana average of 83%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Lakeview Jr./sr. High School, with 90-94% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Louisiana or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana public high school average of 51% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Louisiana public high school average of 18:1.
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.