Islesboro School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Islesboro School District, serving 91 students.
- Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the Maine public school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the Maine public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Islesboro School District|
|School District Website||http://ics.islesboro.k12.me.us|
|School District Phone Number||(207)734-2251|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|# of Schools||1 School||602 Schools|
|# of Students||91 Students||175,788 Students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teachers||14,755 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||12:1|
- Islesboro School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,499 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 Students||2,627 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||3,940 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||6,453 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||74 Students||156,650 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||195 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||4,424 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,595|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||5||12,579|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||12,547|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8||12,683|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||4||13,247|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||7||13,340|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||8||13,715|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||8||13,474|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||11||13,797|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10||13,732|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||10||12,731|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||10||12,700|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||4||12,790|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||6||12,858|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $27,238 is higher than the state average of $14,488. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $98,300 is higher than the state average of $16,751. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$27,238||$14,488|
|Spending / Student||$98,300||$16,751|
Islesboro School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Islesboro Central School 159 Alumni Drive
Islesboro, ME 04848
Grades: K-12 | 91 students
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.