Manhattan Place Elementary School
Manhattan Place Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Manhattan Place Elementary School's student population of 451 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Manhattan Place Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#7042 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles La Salle Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 421 students
8715 La Salle Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)759-1161 0.7 K-5 421
- Los Angeles Animo City Of Champions Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 164 students
9330 S. Eighth Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)565-1600 0.8 9-12 164
- Los Angeles Ninety-fifth Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 973 students
1109 W. 96th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)756-1466 0.8 K-5 973
- Los Angeles George Washington Preparatory High School Grades: 9-12 | 888 students
10860 S. Denker Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90047
(323)418-4000 0.9 9-12 888
- Inglewood Warren Lane Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 235 students
2602 W. 79th St.
Inglewood, CA 90305
(310)680-5380 0.9 K-6 235
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.