Marnie Simons Elementary School
Marnie Simons Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Marnie Simons Elementary School's student population of 126 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marnie Simons Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,239 schools in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#329 out of 1239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hamburg Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamburg Nishnabotna Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 81 students
105 E Street
Hamburg, IA 51604
(712)382-2703 0.5 6-8 81
- Hamburg Hamburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 48 students
309 S St
Hamburg, IA 51640
(712)382-2017 1.6 6-8 48
- Sidney Sidney High School Grades: 7-12 | 259 students
2754 Knox Road
Sidney, IA 51652
(712)374-2731 8.8 7-12 259
- Sidney Sidney Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 254 students
1002 Illinois St
Sidney, IA 51652
(712)374-2647 9.3 PK-6 254
- Nebraska City Nebraska City Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 315 students
909 1st Corso
Nebraska City, NE 68410
(402)873-5591 11.4 6-8 315
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.