Marshall Fundamental places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Marshall Fundamental's student population of 1,971 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||1,971 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marshall Fundamental is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3676 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pasadena Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Daniel Webster Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 467 students
2101 E. Washington Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91104
(626)396-5740 0.6 K-5 467
- Pasadena Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 385 students
1500 E. Villa St.
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626)396-5710 0.7 K-5 385
- Pasadena Norma Coombs Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 458 students
2600 Paloma St.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)396-5660 0.9 K-5 458
- Pasadena Longfellow (henry W.) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 527 students
1065 E. Washington Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91104
(626)396-5720 1.0 K-5 527
Very strong academic/AP program, active PTA and a high level of parent involvement, strong music program, a wide variety of sports and other activities, most classrooms renovated less than 10 years ago. Many high-achieving families have chosen this school.
- Posted by Teacher - motor
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.