Charles W. Eliot Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Charles W. Eliot Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Charles W. Eliot Middle School's student population of 440 students has declined by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Charles W. Eliot Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Charles W. Eliot Middle School is Pasadena Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Pasadena Unified School District's student population of 18,377 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,961 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,532 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Pasadena Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||18,377||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$234 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$245 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,961||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$12,532||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Longfellow (henry W.) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 527 students
1065 E. Washington Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91104
(626)396-5720 1.0 K-5 527
- Altadena Aveson Global Leadership Academy Grades: 6-12 | 414 students
575 W. Altadena Dr.
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)797-1438 1.1 6-12 414
- Pasadena Washington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 527 students
1505 N. Marengo Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
(626)396-5830 1.2 6-8 527
- Altadena Aveson School Of Leaders Grades: K-5 | 439 students
1919 E. Pinecrest Dr.
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)797-1438 1.3 K-5 439
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.