Top Lusby Public High Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in Lusby, MD, serving 1,036 students. Lusby, MD public high school have an average math proficiency score of 93% (versus the Maryland public high school average of 70%), and reading proficiency score of 54% (versus the 39% statewide average). High schools in Lusby have an average ranking of 9/10, which is in the top 20% of Maryland public high schools.
- Lusby, MD public high school have a Graduation Rate of 90%, which is more than the Maryland average of 87%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Patuxent High School, with 90% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Maryland or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Maryland public high school average of 61% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Maryland public high school average of 16:1.
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.