Masuda (kazuo) Middle School
Masuda (kazuo) Middle School serves 822 students in grades 6-8.
Masuda (kazuo) Middle School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 72% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic and Asian).
Masuda (kazuo) Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Masuda (kazuo) Middle School's student population of 822 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Masuda (kazuo) Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Masuda (kazuo) Middle School is 0.64, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#903 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Most teachers are lazy and not good. Good test scores because of strong parental involvement overcoming poor teaching. Terrible PE teachers.
I am very pleased with the support of the teachers and al of their involvement with the students. It has exceeded my expectations as far as education and the dedication the teachers have towards us parents on the school loop and in conferences.
Review Masuda (kazuo) Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.