Mayflower Elementary School serves 486 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Mayflower Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 62% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 486 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 70%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 66% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 62% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Mayflower Elementary School's student population of 486 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mayflower Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Mayflower Elementary School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#435 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mayflower Elementary School's ranking?
Mayflower Elementary School is ranked #435 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in California.
What schools are Mayflower Elementary School often compared to?
Mayflower Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Bradoaks Elementary Science Academy by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
66% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 62% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Mayflower Elementary School?
486 students attend Mayflower Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
49% of Mayflower Elementary School students are Hispanic, 30% of students are White, 10% of students are Asian, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 4% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Mayflower Elementary School?
Mayflower Elementary School has a student ration of 22:1, which is higher than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Mayflower Elementary School offer ?
Mayflower Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Mayflower Elementary School part of?
Mayflower Elementary School is part of Monrovia Unified School District.
View the Mayflower Elementary School yearly calendar below.
Review Mayflower Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.