Meadow View Elementary School
Meadow View Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Meadow View Elementary School's student population of 897 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||897 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meadow View Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#165 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Meadow View Elementary School is Calera High School (2.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Calera Calera High School Grades: 9-12 | 745 students
100 Calera Eagle Drive
Calera, AL 35040
(205)682-6100 2.8 9-12 745
- Alabaster Thompson Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 1004 students
1509 Kent Dairy Road
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205)685-8100 3.4 7-8 1004
- Alabaster Thompson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1873 students
100 Warrior Dr
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205)685-6700 3.5 9-12 1873
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.