Calera High School
- Calera High School's student population of 865 students has grown by 27% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||865 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Calera High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#919 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
- Calera High School is a high school located in Calera, Alabama. The athletic teams are known as the Eagles and compete as a 2-A school in the state of Alabama.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montevallo Calera Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 694 students
9178 Highway 22
Montevallo, AL 35115
(205)682-6140 0.0 6-8 694
- Alabaster Meadow View Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 852 students
2800 Smokey Rd
Alabaster, AL 35007
(205)685-4300 2.8 PK-3 852
- Calera Calera Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 682 students
855 10th St
Calera, AL 35040
(205)682-6120 4.4 K-2 682
- Calera Calera Intermediate School Grades: 3-5 | 784 students
8454 Highway 31 South
Calera, AL 35040
(205)682-6500 4.9 3-5 784
- Columbiana New Direction Grades: 6-12
701 Hwy 70
Columbiana, AL 35051
(205)682-5910 5.3 6-12 n/a
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.