Meairs Elementary School
- Meairs Elementary School's student population of 633 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||633 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meairs Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Meairs Elementary School is Westminster School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Westminster School District's student population of 9,396 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,464 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,021 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 20% over four school years.
|School District Name||Westminster School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||9,396||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$91 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$96 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,464||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,021||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garden Grove Anderson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 600 students
8902 Hewitt Pl.
Garden Grove, CA 92844
(714)894-7201 0.6 K-6 600
- Westminster Warner Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1102 students
14171 Newland St.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)894-7281 0.7 6-8 1102
- Garden Grove Ernest O. Lawrence Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 598 students
Garden Grove, CA 92841
(714)663-6255 1.0 K-6 598
- Garden Grove Alamitos Intermediate Grades: 7-8 | 806 students
12381 Dale St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841
(714)663-6101 1.1 7-8 806
I was there from K-5 and I had the best Kindergarten Teacher everMs. Roberts. I loved that school and missed it when I had to move to Texas. The one thing I loved in Texas was that I was 2 grades ahead of them.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - admin
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.