Meek Elementary School
Meek Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Meek Elementary School's student population of 149 students has declined by 35% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meek Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#235 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Winston County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Meek Elementary School is Meek High School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arley Meek High School Grades: 5-12 | 310 students
6615 Co Rd 41
Arley, AL 35541
(205)717-3349 0.0 5-12 310
- Jasper Curry Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 346 students
115 Yellow Jacket Dr
Jasper, AL 35503
(205)384-3441 6.3 5-8 346
- Addison Addison Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 287 students
16411 County Road 41
Addison, AL 35540
(205)717-3310 8.4 PK-6 287
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.