Addison Elementary School
- Addison Elementary School's student population of 284 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 26% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Addison Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#411 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Winston County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Addison Addison High School Grades: 7-12 | 323 students
151 School Drive
Addison, AL 35540
(205)747-2286 2.8 7-12 323
- Logan Harmony School Grades: K-8 | 182 students
4910 County Road 940
Logan, AL 35098
(256)747-1427 6.8 K-8 182
- Arley Meek Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 238 students
6613 County Rd 41
Arley, AL 35541
(205)221-9425 8.4 PK-6 238
- Arley Meek High School Grades: 7-12 | 256 students
6615 Co Rd 41
Arley, AL 35541
(205)384-5825 8.4 7-12 256
- Double Springs Double Springs Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 252 students
1218 County Rd 24
Double Springs, AL 35553
(205)489-3813 12.5 5-8 252
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.