Miami Lakes Educational Center
Miami Lakes Educational Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Miami Lakes Educational Center's student population of 1,393 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,393 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Miami Lakes Educational Center's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1572 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DADE School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hialeah Miami Lakes Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1135 students
6425 Miami Lakeway N
Hialeah, FL 33014
(305)557-3900 0.7 6-8 1135
- Hialeah Highly Inquisitive And Versatile Education (hive) Preparator Grades: K-8 | 577 students
5855 Nw 171st St
Hialeah, FL 33015
(305)231-4888 0.8 K-8 577
- Hialeah Miami Lakes K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 1400 students
14250 Nw 67th Ave
Hialeah, FL 33014
(305)822-7757 1.3 PK-8 1400
- Opa Locka Jan Mann Opportunity School Grades: 5-12 | 71 students
16101 Nw 44th Ct
Opa Locka, FL 33054
(305)625-0855 1.4 5-12 71
- Opa Locka North Glade Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 293 students
5000 Nw 177th St
Opa Locka, FL 33055
(305)624-3608 1.4 PK-5 293
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.