Montcalm Area ISD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Montcalm Area ISD School District serving 158 students in Sidney, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Montcalm Area ISD School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Montcalm Area ISD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||158 students|
|# of Teachers||20 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
|# of Male Students||72 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||86 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||148 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||66|
|# of Ungraded Students:||16|
- Montcalm Area ISD School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 20% has decreased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $46,685 is higher than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has declined by 16% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $45,641 is higher than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has declined by 16% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$21 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$46,685||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$45,641||$12,533|
As Brevard County votes to close three schools, parents, teachers and students have voiced concerns over what the implications of this move will be. Will charter schools move in?
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.