Midlothian High School
Midlothian High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Midlothian High School's student population of 1,563 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 95 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,563 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Midlothian High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Chesterfield County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midlothian Midlothian Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1246 students
13501 Midlothian Turnpike
Midlothian, VA 23113
(804)378-2460 0.8 6-8 1246
- Midlothian Tomahawk Creek Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1381 students
1600 Learning Place Loop
Midlothian, VA 23114
(804)378-7120 2.3 6-8 1381
- Midlothian Evergreen Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1035 students
1701 Evergreen East Pkwy.
Midlothian, VA 23114
(804)378-2400 2.9 PK-5 1035
- Richmond W W Gordon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 625 students
11701 Gordon School Rd.
Richmond, VA 23236
(804)378-2410 2.9 PK-5 625
I enjoyed my experience at Midlothian High School. The principal, Mr. Abel, has a great energy about him that changed the school environment when he began back in 2012 (?). Midlothian is not the most diverse school around and could do more to educate their students about race and culture. The parent population is a bit overwhelming and filled with helicopter parents that need to take a step back. All in all, no school is perfect but Midlothian definitely works hard to appeal to the needs of their students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 2014grad
Despite the fact that many will tell you that Midlothian is one of the best schools around, it isn't. In fact it is far from it and if it truly is one of the best in the area, that says terrible terrible things about this area! Midlo is a terrible school with bad administration and worse teachers. I am an upperclassmen there and I can honestly say that I can count on one hand the number of good teachers I have had and have fingers left over. Chesterfield County is a bad district to start off with. They have little if any control over the schools, little funding, and a lot of trailers! Midlo is one of the only schools in the county which does not have trailers! Also the county is DESPERATE for teachers and will hire anyone willing to commit. So bad teachers, the music program is a joke, and the administration has absolutely no backbone to stand up to teachers so guess who rules the school, THE TEACHERS! They do whatever they please because they know they can't get fired. The administration only cares about petty things, mostly cell phones. The facilities are grotesque too. So if you can avoid Midlo or even better Chesterfield County, DO!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - abcki