Sauk Rapids-rice Public School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Sauk Rapids-rice Public School District serving 1,014 students in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Minnesota state average of 33%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Sauk Rapids-rice Public School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sauk Rapids Sauk Rapids-rice Middle School901 1st St S
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Grades: 6-8 | 1014 students
|School District Name||Sauk Rapids-rice Public School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||4,513 students|
|# of Teachers||253 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||2,186 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,327 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||34 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||67 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||146 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||155 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,941 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||166 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||73|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||353|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||360|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||347|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||343|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||338|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||363|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||334|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||341|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||339|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||351|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||340|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||328|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||303|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Sauk Rapids-rice Public School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has increased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,297 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,402. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,075 is less than the state average of $11,598. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$41 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$41 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,297||$11,402|
|Spending / Student||$10,075||$11,598|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.