Mint Canyon Community Elementary School
- Mint Canyon Community Elementary School's student population of 447 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||447 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mint Canyon Community Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2600 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sulphur Springs Union School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canyon Country Pinetree Community Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 583 students
29156 Lotusgarden Dr.
Canyon Country, CA 91387
(661) 298-2280 1.5 K-6 583
- Canyon Country Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 645 students
16628 W. Lost Canyon Rd.
Canyon Country, CA 91387
(661) 252-2725 2.2 K-6 645
- Canyon Country Leona H. Cox Community Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 463 students
Canyon Country, CA 91351
(661) 252-2100 2.8 K-6 463
- Pasadena Opportunities For Learning - Santa Clarita Grades: 7-12 | 1,180 student
27616 Newhall Ranch Rd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
(661) 607-0153 2.8 7-12 1,180
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.