Lee A. Tolbert Com. Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Lee A. Tolbert Com.
- Academy School District serving 515 students in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Missouri state average of 28%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Lee A. Tolbert Com. Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Kansas City Lee A. Tolbert Com. Academy 3400 Paseo Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64109
Grades: K-8 | 515 students
|School District Name||Lee A. Tolbert Com. Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||515 students|
|# of Teachers||39 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||208 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||307 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||485 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||66|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 50-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Graduation Rate |
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,754 is higher than the state average of $9,971. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,556 is higher than the state average of $10,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MO)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,754||$9,971|
|Spending / Student||$13,556||$10,157|
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.