Mohawk Trails Elementary School
Mohawk Trails Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Mohawk Trails Elementary School's student population of 542 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||542 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mohawk Trails Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1767 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Mohawk Trails Elementary School is Carmel Clay s School District, which is ranked within the top 1% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Carmel Clay s School District's student population of 15,954 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,087 is higher than the state average of $12,561. The district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,149 is less than the state average of $10,672. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Carmel Clay s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||15,954||1,398|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$206 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$160 MM||$15 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,087||$12,561|
|District Spending / Student||$10,149||$10,672|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Clay Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1306 students
5150 E 126th St
Carmel, IN 46033
(317)844-7251 0.7 6-8 1306
- Carmel Woodbrook Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 487 students
4311 E 116th St
Carmel, IN 46033
(317)846-4225 1.1 K-5 487
- Carmel Forest Dale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 639 students
10721 Lakeshore Dr W
Carmel, IN 46033
(317)844-4948 1.9 PK-5 639
- Carmel Carmel High School Grades: 9-12 | 4930 students
520 E Main St
Carmel, IN 46032
(317)846-7721 2.0 9-12 4930
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.
Some districts are banning handcuffing, while others are cuffing kindergarteners simply throwing a temper tantrum. Read this editorial to see why this author believes slapping the cuffs on children’s wrists only leads to more behavior issues and violence in their adult lives.