Monee Education Center
Monee Education Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Monee Education Center's student population of 26 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Monee Education Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has decreased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2753 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (16-17)||≥50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Crete Monee CUSD 201u School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monee Monee Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 453 students
25425 Will Center Rd
Monee, IL 60449
(708)367-2600 0.5 K-5 453
- University Park Crete-monee Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1066 students
635 Olmstead Ln
University Park, IL 60484
(708)367-2400 3.1 6-8 1066
- University Park Coretta Scott King Magnet School Grades: K-5 | 287 students
1009 Blackhawk Dr
University Park, IL 60484
(708)367-4700 3.3 K-5 287
- Richton Park Neil Armstrong Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 318 students
5030 Imperial Dr
Richton Park, IL 60471
(708)481-7424 4.0 K-5 318
- Park Forest Talala Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 303 students
430 Talala St
Park Forest, IL 60466
(708)367-2560 4.0 K-5 303
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.