Montclair Elementary School
Montclair Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Montclair Elementary School's student population of 634 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2015)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||634 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Montclair Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#758 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oakland Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Havens Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 476 students
323 Highland Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611
(510) 594-2699 1.1 K-5 476
- Oakland Joaquin Miller Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 435 students
5525 Ascot Dr.
Oakland, CA 94611
(510) 531-6688 1.1 K-5 435
This school is really just amazing.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Paisley
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.