Montvale Elementary School
- Montvale Elementary School's student population of 316 students has grown by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 31% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Montvale Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1411 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bedford County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blue Ridge Colonial Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 388 students
2941 Webster Rd
Blue Ridge, VA 24064
(540)977-6773 6.0 PK-5 388
- Goodview Stewartsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 359 students
1138 Wildcat Rd
Goodview, VA 24095
(540)890-2174 8.5 PK-5 359
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Home
498 Coyner Springs Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)561-3858 8.7 n/a n/a
- Goodview Goodview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 526 students
1374 Rivermont Academy Rd
Goodview, VA 24095
(540)892-5674 8.8 PK-5 526
- Daleville Roanoke Valley Regional Board Grades: K-2
57 South Center Drive Room 12
Daleville, VA 24083
(540)992-4264 8.8 K-2 n/a
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.