Montvale Elementary School
- Montvale Elementary School's student population of 316 students has grown by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 31% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Montvale Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bedford County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blue Ridge Colonial Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 388 students
2941 Webster Rd
Blue Ridge, VA 24064
(540)977-6773 6.0 PK-5 388
- Goodview Stewartsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 359 students
1138 Wildcat Rd
Goodview, VA 24095
(540)890-2174 8.5 PK-5 359
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Home
498 Coyner Springs Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)561-3858 8.7 n/a n/a
- Goodview Goodview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 526 students
1374 Rivermont Academy Rd
Goodview, VA 24095
(540)892-5674 8.8 PK-5 526
- Daleville Roanoke Valley Regional Board Grades: K-2
57 South Center Drive Room 12
Daleville, VA 24083
(540)992-4264 8.8 K-2 n/a
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.