Moulton-branch Elementary School serves 543 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Moulton-branch Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Georgia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 58% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 38% (which is lower than the Georgia state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Georgia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Georgia state average of 63% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 543 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 42%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in GA
- Math Proficiency: 58% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 38% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Moulton-branch Elementary School's student population of 543 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Moulton-branch Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,168 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Moulton-branch Elementary School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (GA)
Overall Testing Rank
#478 out of 2168 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Moulton-branch Elementary School's ranking?
Moulton-branch Elementary School is ranked #478 out of 2,168 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Georgia.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
58% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% GA state average), while 38% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% GA state average).
How many students attend Moulton-branch Elementary School?
543 students attend Moulton-branch Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
58% of Moulton-branch Elementary School students are White, 19% of students are Hispanic, 18% of students are Black, and 5% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Moulton-branch Elementary School?
Moulton-branch Elementary School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Georgia state average of 14:1.
What grades does Moulton-branch Elementary School offer ?
Moulton-branch Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Moulton-branch Elementary School part of?
Moulton-branch Elementary School is part of Lowndes County School District.
View the Moulton-branch Elementary School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
April 01, 2024 (Monday)
April 02, 2024 (Tuesday)
April 03, 2024 (Wednesday)
April 04, 2024 (Thursday)
April 05, 2024 (Friday)
Review Moulton-branch Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.