Mount Hope places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Mount Hope's student population of 121 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Hope is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#500 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lawrence County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Mount Hope is East Franklin Junior High School (6.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phil Campbell East Franklin Junior High School Grades: PK-9 | 245 students
1815 Highway 89
Phil Campbell, AL 35581
(256)331-2140 6.8 PK-9 245
- Russellville Tharptown High School Grades: 7-12 | 358 students
255 Highway 80
Russellville, AL 35654
(256)332-6485 7.1 7-12 358
- Town Creek Hatton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 481 students
6536 County Road 236
Town Creek, AL 35672
(256)685-4000 9.3 PK-6 481
- Town Creek Hatton High School Grades: 7-12 | 418 students
6909 Al Highway 101
Town Creek, AL 35672
(256)685-4010 10.8 7-12 418
Hey its Harley Wesson and I was just wondering if u can tell everyone who was in my class that I miss them for me
- Posted by Student/Alumni - harle
This school is a wonderful place of learning for my children. The teachers have always taken time with them and been genuinely concerned for their well-being. Parents are involved and encouraged to be involved with every aspect of their children's learning. It is a small school in a farming community, which only adds to its lure. I have found the school and the community itself to be a perfect place for anyone looking to get away from big schools and huge cities where your children get lost in the shuffle. At Mount Hope, they will never be "lost". There are sports and music for those who like that. Also, the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are available for children interested. No, I guess we don't have every type of extracurricular activity that Hunstville or some of the other "big cities" have; but, we also don't have the drugs and crime they have either. I will take my chances with the outstanding values set aside by this school any day.
- Posted by Parent - kdml4
This is a very good school. Teacher's take the time to make sure the student's are learning. They have a good athelic program as well as a youth program. Parents are very involved with all aspects of this school. From the classroom to the ballfield. Everyone knows everyone.
- Posted by Parent - sprin