Mount Vernon Elementary School
- Mount Vernon Elementary School's student population of 935 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||935 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Vernon Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1630 out of 1801 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alexandria City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria George Washington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1383 students
1005 Mount Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22301
(703)706-4500 0.9 6-8 1383
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.