Muenster Elementary School serves 294 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Muenster Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 294 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 9%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Muenster Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Muenster Elementary School's student population of 294 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Muenster Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,079 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Muenster Elementary School is 0.17, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#328 out of 8079 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Muenster Elementary School's ranking?
Muenster Elementary School is ranked #328 out of 8,079 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Texas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
70-74% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 65-69% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Muenster Elementary School?
294 students attend Muenster Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
91% of Muenster Elementary School students are White, 6% of students are Hispanic, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Muenster Elementary School?
Muenster Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Muenster Elementary School offer ?
Muenster Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
What school district is Muenster Elementary School part of?
Muenster Elementary School is part of Muenster Independent School District.
Review Muenster Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public Schools Struggle to Accommodate Unaccompanied Migrant Children
Undocumented and unaccompanied migrant children, particularly among Hispanic populations, are rapidly increasing in number, especially in the southern United States. Federal law requires public schools to provide services to all children. Yet, many schools are struggling to accommodate this new wave of potential students who come to them without parents or guardians, while some municipalities are flat out refusing to accommodate these children.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
March 06, 2023Have Smartphones Ruined Public Education?
I used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing. Not any more. Here are my reasons why.