Muir (john) Elementary School
Muir (john) Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Muir (john) Elementary School's student population of 243 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Muir (john) Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6089 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Francisco Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Wells (ida B.) High School Grades: 9-12 | 181 students
1099 Hayes St.
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 241-6315 0.3 9-12 181
- San Francisco Creative Arts Charter Grades: K-8 | 436 students
1601 Turk St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 749-3509 0.6 K-8 436
- San Francisco Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 377 students
1025 14th St.
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 241-6300 0.6 K-5 377
- San Francisco S.f. County Civic Center Secondary Grades: 6-12 | 69 students
727 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 241-3000 0.6 6-12 69
- San Francisco Weill (raphael) Children Center
1501 O'farrell St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 749-3548 0.6 n/a n/a
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.