Murchison Street Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Murchison Street Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 5%)
- Murchison Street Elementary School's student population of 476 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||476 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Murchison Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Murchison Street Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Evergreen Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 831 students
2730 Ganahl St.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)269-0415 0.5 K-6 831
- Los Angeles Harrison Street Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 485 students
3529 City Terrace Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323)263-9191 0.6 K-6 485
- Los Angeles AcademyOf Environmental & Soc Policy (esp) At Roosevelt High School Grades: 9-12 | 171 students
3921 Selig Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
(323)224-5991 0.7 9-12 171
- Downey Central Juvenile Hall Grades: 6-12 | 196 students
1605 E.lake Ave.
Downey, CA 90242
(323)225-4362 0.7 6-12 196
Nearby Homes for Sale
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.