Murphy Elementary School
Murphy Elementary School serves 386 students in grades 2-5.
Murphy Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 74% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 35% (majority Black).
- Grades: 2-5
- Students: 386 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 30%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 75% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 74% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Murphy Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Murphy Elementary School's student population of 386 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Murphy Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Murphy Elementary School is 0.49, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#119 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Review Murphy Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.