Murray County Central Secondary
- Murray County Central Secondary's student population of 322 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Murray County Central Secondary's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#540 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Murray County Central Dist. School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Slayton Murray Co. Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 409 students
2640 Forest Ave
Slayton, MN 56172
(507)836-6450 0.4 PK-6 409
- Fulda Fulda Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 170 students
410 College Ave
Fulda, MN 56131
(507)425-2514 10.8 7-12 170
- Fulda Fulda Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 177 students
303 N Lafayette Ave
Fulda, MN 56131
(507)425-2581 11.0 PK-6 177
- Westbrook Westbrook-walnut Grove Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 183 students
344 8th St
Westbrook, MN 56183
(507)274-5450 16.8 7-12 183
- Tracy Tracy Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 375 students
934 Pine St
Tracy, MN 56175
(507)629-5500 17.7 7-12 375
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.