New Berlin Elementary School
- New Berlin Elementary School's student population of 489 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||489 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Berlin Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1106 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New Berlin Cusd 16 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Berlin New Berlin Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 207 students
Po Box 230
New Berlin, IL 62670
(217)488-6012 0.0 6-8 207
- Alexander Alexander Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 81 students
Po Box 140
Alexander, IL 62601
(217)478-3011 6.6 2-5 81
- Pleasant Plains Pleasant Plains Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 387 students
2455 N Farmingdale
Pleasant Plains, IL 62677
(217)626-1061 9.4 5-8 387
- Pleasant Plains Farmingdale Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 451 students
2473 N Farmingdale
Pleasant Plains, IL 62677
(217)626-1221 9.5 PK-4 451
- Waverly Waverly High School Grades: 9-12 | 106 students
201 N Miller St
Waverly, IL 62692
(217)435-2211 9.7 9-12 106
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.