New Berlin Elementary School
New Berlin Elementary School serves 390 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
New Berlin Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 48% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 41% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 53% (majority Hispanic).
New Berlin Elementary School's student population of 390 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers (18-19)
Students by Grade
New Berlin Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of New Berlin Elementary School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#1041 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review New Berlin Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
How Has the Pandemic Changed Public School?
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?
At the 20-Year Mark, Are Charter Schools Making the Grade?
On the 20th anniversary of the opening of the first charter school, are these schools really offering an attractive option to the standard neighborhood school? We’ll explore the evidence.
School Safety: Shootings
Teachers and parents must be prepared for anything that impacts the safety of our young people.